With the increasing sophistication of communication networks comes the need for equally
powerful test and measurement equipment designed to meet the challenges of DWDM.
Whether testing involves manufacturing, installing and commissioning network fiber, or managing,
maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting performance elements, EXFO’s FTB-5240 and FTB-5240B
Optical Spectrum Analyzers (OSAs) are ready to handle any situation. In addition, the FTB-5240B OSA gives you the best of two worlds: the impressive specifications of a lab-quality instrument in a state-of-the-art, field-ready modular unit for fast, accurate and efficient fiber characterization.
- Powerful DWDM Specifications: With excellent ORR, resolution bandwidth, wavelength range and dynamic range, the FTB-5240 OSA provides flexibility and power. With even better ORR and high resolution, the FTB-5240B is ready for the next generation of ultra dense WDM.
- Easy to Use: One-button operation. Automated functions are accessed through a simple, intuitive touchscreen interface. The graphical user interface provides easy access to menus and functions.
- Rugged Portability: Housed in a tough, lightweight magnesium shell and rubber-bumpered FTB-400 UTS, EXFO’s OSA will survive bumps and drops in the field or from a lab bench.
- Best-in-Class ORR Option: The new FTB-5240B option provides unmatched accuracy for OSNR measurements, thanks to the best ORR in the industry: up to 40 dBc at 0.1 nm, 50 dBc at 0.2 nm and 55 dBc at 0.4 nm.
- Internal Calibration: The new FTB-5240B has an internal reference light source that maintains wavelength uncertainty at ± 30 pm in the C+L band.
- External Calibration: Use an external source to recalibrate your OSA prior to test sessions and achieve wavelength uncertainty as good as ± 15 pm in the C+L band