The Aim TTi I-Prober 520 positional current probe is unlike any other current measurement device available.Calibrated measurement of current normally requires the current to be passed through a closed magnetic loop. Typically this is done using some form of split clamp device. Whereas this is suitable for individual wires, it is of no use for measuring current in PCB tracks. The I-prober 520 is a compact hand-held probe which is used with an oscilloscope. By placing the insulated tip of the probe onto a PCB track, the current flowing in the track can be observed and measured.
• No requirement to break or surround the conductor
• Observe and measure currents in PCB tracks directly
• Minimal disturbance to circuit conditions through very low insertion impedance and stray capacitance
• Useable in confined and difficult to access spaces
• Measures current into surface mount components, IC legs and short component leads